|Media Strategist, Peyton Media Management August 2009 – Present, Portland ORDigital media consultant and strategist working with clients to help meet the needs of their online communities. Services include:
- Digital marketing and social media strategy development
- Content strategy and development
- Thought-leader and subject-matter expert social media training
- Executive social media coaching
Adjunct Professor, Portland State University September 2010 – Present, Portland OR
Professor of Digital Marketing Strategies, Center for Executive and Professional Education – Portland State University.
Vice President, Bonfire Social Media January 2010 – December 2011, Portland OR
Vice president of Bonfire Social Media, duties included:
- Managing team and directing all operations
- Building social media strategies for international clients including Paul Frank, Power Rangers and Toyota
- Measuring and reporting on campaign success
- Hiring, educating and training a team of specialized social media marketers to fulfill client needs
Executive Editor, Thoroughly Modern Marketing (TMMPDX.COM) January 2009 – Present TMMPDX.COM, Portland OR
Executive Editor and creator of TMMPDX, a non-profit marketing publication featuring industry resources, events, interviews and best practices.
- Community Management – Manage team of volunteer contributors, editors and other industry professionals.
- Publish and Edit Content – Create and edit articles, podcasts and weekly columns for internet marketing related website.
- Search Engine Optimization – Monitor and optimize website content to ensure top search engine rankings for relevant keywords. Maintained top position in Google for terms such as ‘Portland Marketing Events’.
- Social Media Marketing – Responsible for all social media marketing campaigns, including such sites as Twitter and LinkedIn. Responsible for gaining over 5000 Twitter followers within months of launch.
Director of SEM Strategy and Client Services January 2008 – March 2009 EngineWorks, Portland OR
Director of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Strategy and Client Services Department of Internet Marketing/Search Marketing agency. Responsibilities and duties include:
- Client Services – Work directly with the client to manage expectations, create timeline for deliverables and report on campaign metrics.
- Client Portfolio – Managing portfolio of PPC clients, monthly spend across all engines totaling over $200K or $2.4 million annually.
- Budget – Manage monthly spend caps in search engines for all clients.
- Team Manager – Lead, train and provide efficient workflow processes for a team of Account Managers.
- Build Campaign Strategy – Create comprehensive strategy documents for all new accounts.
- Analytics Data – Track and analyze analytics data to improve campaign performance.
- Conversion Tracking – Conduct performance audit on existing campaigns and optimize for greater ROI.
- Ensure all campaigns are tracking conversions and revenue data properly.
- ROAS – Work with the client to ensure greatest possible Return On Ad Spend.
- Landing Page Optimization – Perform landing page consultations to ensure the highest possible conversion rate.
- Copywriting – Write ad copy variants and perform A/B copy testing to improve CTR on existing PPC ads.
- Keyword Research – Use Wordtracker, Keyword Discovery and Google to refine, expand and optimize client’s keyword lists.
- Reporting – Build monthly, weekly and quarterly reports demonstrating campaign performance.
- Bid Management – Utilize DART Search and other industry tools to perform bid management and optimization.
- SEO/SMM – Assess campaigns for other marketing opportunities such as organic search engine optimization or social media marketing campaigns.
President, Virtual Job Candy January 2008 – 2009 Virtualjobcandy.com, Portland OR
President and co-founder of Virtual Job Candy, a virtual world job services company.
- Website and optimized content creation – Designed and developed an optimized website to promote virtual job services.
- Optimized Blog Management – Developed and managed optimized blog reporting on virtual world news and virtual world jobs.
- Search Engine Optimization – Monitor and optimize website content to ensure top search engine rankings for relevant keywords. Maintained top position in Google for terms such as ‘virtual jobs’ and ‘virtual world jobs’.
- Virtual World location creation and optimization – Designed a creative Second Life presence including virtual interview rooms and conference facilities for real world employers.
- Social Media Marketing – Responsible for all social media marketing campaigns, including such sites as Twitter and LinkedIn. By publishing blog content and job postings on Twitter, website traffic and candidate registrations doubled.
Internet Marketing Coordinator June 2006 – Dec 2007 Generator Group, Portland OR
Created and implemented successful Internet Marketing Strategy achieving the following results:
- #1 ranking in Google, Yahoo and MSN for targeted, long-tail keyword phrases.
- Implemented and Managed Paid Search Campaign in Google.
- Managed monthly email newsletter campaign reaching thousands of subscribers.
- Doubled the number of indexed pages in Google, Yahoo and MSN.
- Optimized company blog by creating keyword rich categories, content, and by adding features such as RSS and email subscription.
- Doubled overall website traffic.
- Doubled the number of overall inbound links.
- Doubled the amount of traffic from search engines.
- Increased overall conversion rate by 25%.